Buy the original badassBox directly from the manufacturer
– contactless e-bike tuning since 2013 –
We don't make your e-bike stronger, but it supports you beyond 25 km/h.
Unleash the full potential of your e-bike. Ride as fast as you can. Overcome your limits. Ride without limits.
Directly to the badassBoxes
Which badassBox do I need to make my e-bike faster?
There are two versions of the badassBox for pedelecs with Panasonic mid-motor: The badassBox 4 Panasonic for a conventional mechanical gear-shift , and the badassBox 4 Panasonic Freeze for an electronic gear-shift (e.g. Shimano Di2, Rohloff E-14, NuVinci H-Sync):
There are two versions of the badassBox for pedelecs by Specialized: The badassBox 4 Specialized-Set Turbo Levo 2019 is exclusively for Turbo Levo model year 2019+2020 and Turbo Creo model year 2020 (new sensor in the dropout), and for all other Specialized e-bikes the regular badassBox 4 Specialized-Set:
I'm not sure...
Don't worry, we weren't born e-bike tuning experts either.
First check where the motor of your e-bike is installed. We only support pedelecs with mid-mounted motor (motor in the crank/pedal area) and motor support up to 25 km/h and 250 watts continuous power, no s-pedelecs (motor support up to 45 km/h) and no hub motors (motor in the area of the front or rear wheel axle).
Other manufacturer or motor?
Please note that we have designed the badassBoxes exclusively for pedelecs with mid-mounted motor and motor support up to 25 km/h and 250 Watt continuous power, not for S-Pedelecs or hub motors.
Unfortunately, firmware updates/upgrades are at the same time also a gateway for their unwanted features, which take away the choice of tuning or limit it.
We therefore recommend our customers not to carry out any upgrades/updates of the motor firmware or have them carried out at present in order to retain the option of selecting the tuning/original state. This applies in particular in connection with workshop work on your e-bike.
- The badassBox is not to be used in normal road traffic or in areas regulated by the Road Traffic Act!
- Use is only permitted on private property or for example for competition or test purposes.
- Mounting the badassBox may lead to a loss of the bicycle warranty.
- Use of the badassBox is entirely at your own risk and danger.
- The manufacturer accepts no liability for damage to property and/or persons arising from inappropriate use of the products.